Making DIY homemade products for any purpose are easy, inexpensive and more effective rather than readymade products. Thus, we always refer to some useful methods on DIY homemade merchandises. Today, we come up with some simple recipes of homemade laundry detergent powder, which are functional on stains, soft on dress materials and harmless to our skin. Let’s check out some simple preparations of 4 different types of homemade laundry detergents in this article below-
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent:
Let’s start with the liquid laundry detergent recipe which comes up in a liquid form yet you can preserve it for a long while! This detergent can amalgamate in water more easily than any powder detergent and work efficiently on your draperies or utensils.
To make this you need, 1 cup of borax, 1 cup of washing soda, 5.5oz castile soap, 4 cups of warm water, 1 oz essential oil as per your choice, and a 5 gallons bucket.
- At first, grate the soap in a pot and add 4 cups of hot water into it.
- Now, place the pot in a medium heat oven and let it simmer until melt down completely.
- Then, take the bucket and fill up to halfway with hot water, after that pour in the soap-water mix into that bucket slowly.
- Now, stir in 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of washing soda into that water along with the essential oil.
- Finally, fill up the bucket with more warm water till the top and stir all the ingredients well with your hand. It will be better if you can wear a pair of rubber gloves on both of your hands.
- Now all you need is just cover the bucket with a tight lid and sit for the next 24 hours to gel up.
Related Video : How to make Liquid Laundry detergent at home
DIY Homemade Laundry Detergent without Borax:
The detergent may clean the stain and wipe out the bad fragrance from your dress and other appliances but, you must concur that it brings some unwanted dryness to our skin because of its borax material. Thus, nowadays, some detergents are manufacturing without this element in a detergent powder. Let’s check one of those kinds of recipes below-
To make this sort detergent you will need ½ cup of baking soda, ½ cup of citric acid, 1 cup of washing soda, ¼ cup of coarse sea salt and one bar of Castile soap along with a few drops of essential oil.
- Cut the soap into tiny chunks first, then, grind smoothly in a blender.
- Now, take this powdered soap into an airtight container and add the other ingredients into that jar too!
- After that, add a few drops of essential oil and stir all the ingredients with a ladle.
- Finally, set the lid of that container securely and use one or two tbsp of this detergent whenever you need to wash anything with a fine borax free washing material!
Related Video: How to make Homemade laundry detergent without borax
DIY Natural Laundry Detergent:
Natural laundry detergent is very easy to prepare thing these days, especially, when every needed element is so easy to accessible on the market now! The best thing to make and use this type homemade laundry detergent is that it is very easy in the pocket, and you can use materials as per your own choices! Let’s check the making procedure below-
To prepare this kind of natural laundry soap you will require, one castile soap, 1 cup of washing soda, 1 cup of borax, 10 drops of lavender essential oil or any other essential oil as per your choice and one airtight container.
- At first, grate the soap into a food processor in a smooth or powder consistency.
- Now, take the powder into that container and add washing soda along with the borax into that jar.
- Stir them with a stick of ladle and pour n the essential oil from the top.
- After adding the essential oil, combine one more time and cover the mouth with the lid securely.
- Now, whenever you want to use this detergent, just take 1 tablespoon of it and don’t forget to set the lid every time securely.
Video Idea: How to make a Natural Laundry detergent at home
Homemade Baby Laundry Detergent:
When we mention ‘baby’ word in a laundry detergent recipe, then it is inevitable that this soap will suit any sort of sensitive skin type along with the tender skin of a baby. As, when we wash babies draperies in our regular detergent soap, it brings some unbearable roughness to the dress materials as well as the soft skin of a baby! But, this homemade baby detergent not only suits on the hand of babies’ moms but at the same time, it couldn’t harm the skin of a baby from any aspect. Let’s check out the procedure below-
To prepare this type of item you need, 3 cups of washing soda, 3 cups of borax, 1 bar of unscented Baby Mild Pure Castile Soap along with a few drops of harmless essential oil.
- At first, grate the soap into a food processor until a very smooth consistency.
- Now, take the powder into the container and add the washing soda first into tat soap powder.
- After that, add the borax and stir all the ingredients well with a stick and pour in the essential oil from the top.
- After adding the essential oil, combine the entire ingredients one more time and set the container securely so that, no air can pass through the lid of your container!
Searching for homemade shampoo for babies and grownups check this out.