We have previously mentioned DIY methods for several skin care products, whether it is a facemask, face scrub or soap preparation, but hair is that specific segment where we never tried any DIY product before, right! Hair is one imperative part of our features and it is essential to take care in every possible way, so today, let’s check out some DIY shampoo preparations, which not only nourish your hair in an effortless way but, at the same time provide some extraordinary glow of healthiness to your hair! Take a look at the preparations below-
14 DIY Homemade Shampoo
1.Homemade Coconut Oil Shampoo:
Coconut oil is a very beneficial item for our hair as we all know, but we usually use coconut oil before washing our hair and then wash it off with a nice shampoo. So, getting the nourishment of this advantageous oil in shampoo would really be an exceptional thing for us, isn’t it? This kind of shampoo can cater a smooth conditioner touch and also nourish your hair towards a strong and shiny way.
To make a coconut oil shampoo you need, ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ cup of coconut oil and ½ cup of coconut oil along with a container and a spoon or wooden stick.
- Take all three ingredients in a jar or container and stir them well with the stick.
- Wait for a few minutes to combine the ingredients smoothly with each other.
- Then, take 1½ tbsp of this homemade shampoo in your hand and apply it on your entire hair along with the scalp.
- Allow the shampoo stays on your head for 3 to 4 minutes and then, rinse it off with lots of water.
- We will suggest you to use cold water instead of warm or normal water to get the best outcome!
- As coconut oil has enough nourishment for your hair thus, you don’t need to apply any conditioner on your hair after using this type of shampoo.
You may be interested in homemade lip balm with coconut oil.
2.DIY Shampoo for Dry Hair:
It has been observed that whenever we use shampoo on dry hair, it becomes drier and seems really dull or unmanageable from every aspect! Thus, we are referring this special shampoo for those, who are suffering from dry hair condition to control the dryness, and fill up the impurities with lots of nutrients. Let’s check out the procedure below-
To make this type of shampoo you need, ¼ cup of coconut milk, ¼ cup of liquid castile soap, 20 drops of orange essential oil, ¼ cup of distilling water (optional), and ½ tbsp of almond oil (necessary for dry hair) along with one airtight jar and a wooden stick.
- At first, take all the ingredients into that jar and stir them with that stick, you can even shake the bottle too, for combining the ingredients together.
- Now take 1 tbsp of this homemade shampoo on your wet hair.
- Leave for 3 to 4 minutes after getting the foam on your hair.
- Then, just rinse your hair off with normal water and dry quickly with a soft washcloth.
- Any kind of soft conditioner works great on your hair after this dry hair special shampoo.
3.DIY Shampoo for Silky Hair:
People, who have silky hair, probably face fewer hair problems than other, as they only need to keep their scalp clean and cater a proper nutrient system to their hair, that’s it! Consequently, one particular shampoo would suit perfectly with this type of hair rather than other typical shampoos, and for that, we are referring this special one that conditions silky hair in a natural way and keeps nourishing them in its each use.
To make this type of shampoo you need, ¼ cup of castile soap, ¼ cup of jojoba oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil along with a jar.
- Take all the ingredients into the jar first and shack the jar well to stir the inside components well.
- Now, take 1 tbsp of this homemade shampoo and preserve the remaining part for the future uses.
- Apply the shampoo on your entire hair, especially on the scalp and leave it for 4 to 5 minutes to work on your hair.
- Now, wash your hair off with normal water and skip the conditioner part after this type of shampoo.