Ocean creatures are the reflection of the beauty of the underwater world. The various water animals with various shapes and shades eternally attract children to the mystery of the Deep Ocean.
The utmost parents seem eager to teach their kids about every single creature of the ocean. Well, you can easily teach your kids in a monotone way by showing animal images along with their names.
But, if you want to teach them in a fun way with some artistic instincts then, try out some easy DIY animal crafts over ocean-themed animals and see how interesting the learning can be!
Also, crafting ocean and underwater animal projects can serve as a medium to raise awareness about marine conservation and environmental issues.
Let’s take dive…
Underwater & Ocean Themed Craft Ideas
- Goldfish: Upcycle egg cartoon make this goldfish craft – Thecrafttrain
- Turtle: Love quilling, try this paper quilling turtle craft for under-the-sea fun – Twitchetts
- Octopus: Make a cute little octopus with paper cups and googly eyes – artsycraftsymom
- Pufferfish: Add fun painting these paper plate pufferfish – Buggyandbuddy
- Expressive Jellyfish: The jellyfish life cycle may be complex, but this craft is cool and easy with colored paper plates and yarn – Nontoygifts
- Seashorse puppets: Seahorse craft, create friends of mermaids with a paper towel, craft glue, and googly eyes – Thecrafttrain
- Cute Jellyfish: With paper plates and a free template, you can make this Jellyfish craft –simpleeverydaymom
- Fish: Easy and colorful button fish crafts for kids and preschoolers – Iiheartcraftythings
- Watercolor Fish: Create masterpiece sea art with a free template and bright watercolor painting –messylittlemonster
- Shark: For ocean-themed activities and summer crafts, you can try this shark craft suitable for all kids and preschoolers-messylittlemonster
- Crab: These paper plate crabs can dance, rock, and claw which really moves to keep kids busy for a few hours –kidscraftroom
- Whale: Make whale puppets with cute round bodies and moveable tails for stories and ocean study –kidscraftroom
- Turtle: Recycle CDs and buttons at home to make this turtle craft suitable for all ages –Firefliesandmudpies
- Mermaid – With the printable template you can make this mermaid paper bag puppet for bedtime stories and decor –messylittlemonster
- Seahorse: With bright colored papers and quilling papers you can make this gorgeous seahorse –mommymadethat
- Crab: To practice cutting skills for preschoolers these cute crabs are a great try –mommymadethat
Paper Plate Turtle Craft
A paper plate turtle craft is a very simple one, one of the kids’ favorite ocean creatures.
To make this item you need, one paper plate, one green colored paper, two button eyes, and 1 scissor along with olive green paint. First, paint your paper plate with olive green paint.
Now cut out 4 turtle-sized legs, one head and one tail along with some small and medium-sized paper circles from that green paper.
Stick those button eyes over the head and attach all the body parts properly on the paper plate to give it a tortoise shape.
Now all you need is that attached those paint a few paper circles and now just stick those different colored and different sized circles over the plate to make it as similar as a tortoise shell.
Handprint Crabs Preschool Craft
Teaching the Importance of Ocean and Marine Life
- Biodiversity: The ocean is home to an incredibly diverse range of species, from the smallest plankton to the largest whales. Marine biodiversity plays a crucial role in maintaining ecosystem balance and resilience.
- Oxygen Production: Phytoplankton in the ocean produce a significant portion of the Earth’s oxygen, making it essential for the survival of all life forms, including humans.
- Climate Regulation: Oceans absorb and store vast amounts of carbon dioxide, helping to regulate the Earth’s climate by acting as a carbon sink.
- Food Source: Millions of people around the world rely on the ocean as a primary source of food and livelihood, particularly in coastal communities.
- Economic Value: Marine resources contribute significantly to the global economy through industries such as fishing, tourism, and pharmaceuticals.
- Medicinal Discoveries: Marine organisms have yielded valuable compounds with potential medical applications, including treatments for cancer, pain, and bacterial infections.
- Climate Change Mitigation: Healthy marine ecosystems can help mitigate the impacts of climate change by absorbing excess heat and carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
- Tourism and Recreation: Oceans attract tourists for activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and beach vacations, contributing to local economies.
Bouncy Ball Stamped Pufferfish Kids Craft
Paper Plate Ocean Crab Craft
Making paper plate crabs are even easier to craft. All you need is just to fold your paper plate, paint it with red color, stick two button eyes, and attach four red-colored paper-made strings on both sides of that folded plate and your crab is ready to walk over sand!
Stingray with Paper plate
Foot print beach crafts
Toilet Paper Rolls Fish scales Kids Craft
Ocean Theme Craft ideas for classroom
Tissue paper and Popsicle stick fish crafts
Octopus craft ideas
Whale tissue paper pom pom under ocean crafts
Sock Octopus for ocean themed activities for kids
Octopus is one frequent ocean animal, kids love to craft in DIY processing. You can make this animal with cardboard and paper cutting or you can also use socks to make this dangerous water creature. You just require making a huge oval shape face along with two big button eyes and eight long arms, which must contain several suckers in black shade.
Plastic Egg Submarines
Fish with old cds
Round fishes are one simple category of water creature you can easily make with some plain ingredients. An unused CD, some coloring cardboard pieces, and some stone chips along with glue, that’s all you need to make an underwater round fish. Make a tail, two fins and lips, stick them in the proper places then, just attach those stone chips over the CD as scale and your round fish is ready to flaunt!
Whale with Paper plates
Hand Foot Print Crab Craft
Ocean Crafts Crabs with Paper plates
Walrus with Cupcake Liners
Ocean Shoebox with Sea shells and fish craft cut outs
Crabs with Egg cartoons Ocean animals crafts
Paper Plate Shark Ocean Craft for Kids
Seashore crafts ideas fish open close with wooden clips
Walrus with Paper plates
Walrus is another great ocean animal you should craft to teach your kids about the creature! You can make this animal with a cupcake liner and paper plates, whatever you want. All you need is just attach one big and one small paper plate or cupcake liner vertically, cut one medium-sized paper plate or cupcake liner from the middle and use as two legs of your walrus. Now, just take 3 strings for both side of the face to use as mustaches, two button eyes, two toothpicks made teeth, and one black sketch pen to draw the nose and mouth of your cute walrus. Now it’s ready to flaunt as a living walrus to your kids!