How to Freeze Tomatoes:
- At the initial stage, take some ripe and fresh tomatoes in a basket and wash them out with normal water.
- Now, cut them out into halves, quarters or in whatever shape you want with a sharp cutter.
- If you want to freeze them for a short period, then, just put them into one or two airtight pouches and keep them in your freezer immediately.
- But, if you are looking for a long while freezing then cut some ripe tomatoes following the similar process we have mentioned above and pile them up in a saucepan or a slow cooker in a massive quantity.
- Now, turn the heat on and cook them for 1 or 2 minutes over low heat, until they start simmering. Make sure that you are not adding any water into that saucepan!
- Now, place a hand blender into that saucepan and begin blending hot tomatoes pieces until they get a thick and liquid consistency.
- Finally, pour that liquid in some glass jars; set their lids tightly and preserve them in your freezer for such a very long period!
Want fresh tomatoes from your backyard try growing tomatoes in your garden .