Grosgrain ribbon is one kind of ribbon that is made from any soft fabric like wool, silk, mohair, nylon woven, chiffon or it could be made with the combination of these soft fibers like silk & wool or chiffon & mohair, etc. This type of gentle ribbon may craft with soft materials but, it generally comes with a heavy and stiff condition through taffeta weave. Nowadays, this kind of ribbon is hugely used to craft several glossy crafting to decorate our essential elements. Today we will lead you about how to make an outstandingly pretty artificial flower with this grosgrain ribbon along with some glossy beads.
You must be wondered that how this kind of synthetic flower could use as an embellishment equipment, right? Well, then, Let us enlighten your thought with some functional use of such flowers along with its making procedure! This kind of ribbon flower that adorns with pretty beads could look fabulous on tote bags, hair clips, scrapbooks, headbands, bracelets, etc. You can utilize these beautiful flowers as the gift toppers or brooches, as well! Now, check out some apparent steps on how to make this type of flower with a simple modus operandi, take a look-
How to Make Grosgrain Ribbon Beaded Flowers
- Take a roll of grosgrain ribbon with a pretty shade; we are taking here a nice pink colored ribbon along with one sharp & thin needle, pink strings, numerous white beads with three different shapes, one gigantic bead button, and some glue.
- At first, pour a drop of glue at the starting part of the ribbon and fold it with a single fold to seal the open section initially.
- Now, do the second fold stitch that folds with the needle and gives it a pattern of the half-folded
- Then, keep folding and stitching until the end of your ribbon and when this processing gets the end, you will get a semi-circle shape of that folded and stitched ribbon. Make sure that you don’t leave any rest or bottom part of your ribbon, while the circle in completed. If there is still any, then burn it out and accomplish your processing.
- Turn the circle reverse way and press it down, you will get a circle flower shape instantly from that ribbon material.
- Now, puff up the each ribbon pleat by pressing them gently with your finger, then, you will get enough room to stitch those beads over this ribbon base.
- After that take as much amount of beads as your pleats in the bigger shape and stitch them up on the sharpen bottom of every petal.
- Now, take as many beads as you have taken before, but this time, comparatively in the smaller sizes and sew them beneath those big beads. Make certain that you are sewing these smaller beads with a cross pattern with those bigger beads!
- Repeat this processing for one more time with the similar amount of beads with come with the tiniest sizes.
- Take a small circled plastic base and attach this at the back of that ribbon flower in the center.
- Then, just take that prettiest bead button, spread some glue on it and stick it in the middle of that flower.
- Once, this middle bead dries out properly, your grosgrain ribbon flower is all ready to use!
Some More Ribbon Flower Craft Ideas
Princess Carriage Ribbon Flower Tutorial
How to Make Ribbon Flower petals
How to Make a No Sew Fabric Rose Out of Ribbon
DIY Ribbon Flower Hair Clips
Loopy Ribbon Flower