When we refer home décor it incorporates numerous things at once, as one or two things cannot embellish our whole house interior, right? These sorts of things have many different types, as in, wall hangings, furnishings, floor adornments, light embellishments, etc. We have talked about many DIY projects which use for home decoration, today; we are here with another new venture that instructs you guys about a new room décor item that you can craft again via DIY method! String pendant light in yarn orb pattern is our today’s project, which can magically change a whole glance of an area of your residence, check out the step by step directions methodically-
How to make String Pendant Lights
- For crafting this beautiful item you need, some thinner crochet strings, a beach ball, one bottle of glue, a mixing bowl, a paint brush, a garbage disposer cover, a template, and a pendant lamp kit, that’s it!
- At first, take the beach balloon and blow it up entirely as much as you can. We need to use this beach ball for such kinds orb room décor because this ball gives us the pretty perfect shape of a pendant light than any other objects.
- Now, take the mixing bowl, empty Elmer’s glue bottle inside it and blend it with a bit of plain water. Make sure that your glue is 100% herbal and not going to harm your skin, as you need to dip your hand into it later!
- After mixing the glue with water smoothly, dip your crochet strings into the glue and stir well with the paint brush.
- Then, take the ball and wrap those glued strings over the ball in a criss-cross pattern. Maybe you will get a messy feeling with this process, but, believe us that this one is the best method around for making string pendant lamp!
- Keep wrapping the ball with those strings until you get a really thick consistency from that thinner crochet base.
- It actually takes a few hours to wrap the entire ball vigorously to reach the coverage we want for this type of light.
- After completing the wrapping job, keep the ball untouched for a while till it dried out entirely.
- Now, we can jump to our next segment which is, taking out the ball inside the string lamp. For that cut away a circle shape from the dried string ball with a template, you can even use a scissor too, for this kind of cutting.
- After that insert your hand into the glove and deflect the ball slowly, when all the air came out of it, take the ball out of the orb and check that whether the cutting pattern of the orb has one in a proper circle shape or not, as it highly needed to insert and set the electric light inside the string pendant light!
- Take the garbage disposer cover which you can easily get from a hardware store near you. Set it on the hole you did over the string orb and then glue it up properly from edges. If you find that the circle you made is little smaller than the disposer cover then, swiftly make the circle bigger after taking the exact measurement of the disposer.
- Now, all you need just set the electric pendant lamp on the disposer and hang your string orb room décor in your desiring place of the room.
DIY String light Steps by Step Pictures