People, who love interior decorations for their houses, are renowned with the significance of beautiful candles. This particular object can renovate the entire glance of your whole room with its single presence; especially, those come with unique designs! If you are gearing up to do something innovative to your candles, then try out these pressing leaves and dried flowers into your candles and provide an enchanted look to your room along with the candles! Today, we are presenting you the process of two pressed flower candle patterns in the step by step methods, which will instruct you on how to make a simple plain candle into a decorative one, check them out thoroughly-
Homemade Pressed Flower Candles – Direct Dip
- To make the first pressed flower candle, gather all the needed ingredients at your reach which are one beeswax candle with a wider or thick measurement, some melted wax in white shade and some dried flowers.
- At first, take a flower, dip it into the melted wax and instantly place it on your candle.
- Press the each petal of that flower forcefully over the candle with a stick.
- Now, take another flower, place it near the previous flower following the similar process.
- Remember to place flowers quickly after dipping process and press them immediately too, when the wax is still wet, as this will make your process more effortless!
- When you would complete the whole placement of your desiring amount of flowers, dip the whole candle into the melted wax box.
- Take the candle immediately out of the box after the dipping, place it on a tissue and let it dry under the room temperature.
- Once, the candle dried out appropriately, place it in your room, and see the extraordinary glance of a floral candle!
Watch it again step by step
You may also be interested in DIY Candle Holders.
How to make Pressed flower candles – With hot spoon
To make this second type of captivating candles, watch out the ingredients and methods very carefully.
- For preparing some amazingly pretty pressed flower candles we need, some fresh and beautiful flowers along with some pretty leaves from maple or croton plants. Clover leaves also resemble great on pressed leaf designs on candles. So, let’s pluck some fresh flowers and leaves from the garden in a basket or bucket. Try to assemble some flowers with vibrant shades as those will look better on the white surface of a candle.
- Once you have determined on your flowers or leaves, you require to dry them as soon as possible, because, this may take a few days. Thus, according to us, you need to start collecting your aspiring flowers or leaves a few days before you start to craft your candles.
- If you are looking for spot or blemishes free beautiful flowers then, try to collect your flower on a sunny day, when flowers or leaves don’t have any rain drop or dew!
- We need at least duration of 10 days to dry out the flowers properly if we follow the previous rule, but we are sure that people don’t have so much of patience or time to spend on a single project, right? So, we are going to do this with a far easier way.
- Now, place the flower on a parchment paper to flatten them, cover the paper with another parchment sheet carefully and place a stack of heavy books over the paper for about 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the stack of book and use a flat iron to iron the paper board like a shirt. During this ironing, you need to press each piece of flower or leaf for at least 10 to 15 seconds and make sure that there is no water on the iron or the board.
- Now, remove the parchment paper and take out the dried flowers and leaves carefully.
- Now you need your candle on which you want to apply the processing, a spoon and an additional flaming candle along with the dried flowers.
- Now, take the spoon, heat up one side of it, then, take one dried piece of flower, place it over your candle and press it up to the opposite side of your hot spoon. Make sure, that you are heating up only one side of the spoon, otherwise, it may get messy and ugly on the white surface of a candle.
- Repeat the procedure until you put all the dried flower and leaves on your candle appropriately. We should mention one thing here, and that is, don’t try to press flowers on this candle if they are not dried, as they may get squeezed or damaged completely by the press of a hot spoon.
- Maple leaves look superb for this kind of design on the milky white exterior of a candle. However, let the candle dry once you complete the pressed flower processing and then light it up in your room, whenever you want a natural glance to your place!
How to make Pressed Flowers Candle Step by Step