People, who are always seeking for some fantastic recipes for their kitchen, are renowned with the phrase of ‘Kabita’s Kitchen’, isn’t it? This program usually keeps us up-to-date about some tasty Indian dishes, and today, we are here to emphasize one of her delicious fried recipes as a crispy snack. Potato is that one vegetable, which eternally tastes scrumptious, especially, while using in a snack recipe. Thus, potato stuffed bread roll would not be a bad snack to mention, whenever we would search for a succulent yet crusty Indian snack. As, these kinds of snacks suit on the type of evening occasion, whether it is a party celebration, a friend or family get-together, a cocktail party, etc. Check out this recipe with some simple steps, along with its apparent ingredients-
Indian Snack Recipe : Kabita’s Potato Stuffed Bread Roll
Ingredients and method
Version from Author: http://kabitaskitchen.com/bread-roll-recipe/
To prepare this item you need, 6 white bread slices, 5 medium sized potatoes that are peeled and boiled, 2 tbsp refined oil for the stuffing and 500gm for fries, 12 tbsp crushed black pepper powder, 1 large green chili finely chopped, 1 tbsp roughly chopped garlic cloves, ½ finely chopped ginger, ¼ tbsp red chili powder, ¼ tbsp garam masala powder, ¼ tbsp cumin powder, ½ tbsp chat masala, 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and some salt, as per your taste along with some green peas (optional) that are also in boil condition.
- At first, smash those boiled potatoes with a masher in a bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and add chopped or grated green chili, garlic, and ginger into that oil.
- When they turn light brown, add green peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Then, sprinkle all the spices one by one into that skillet and cook for a few seconds at a medium heat.
- Add smashed potatoes into that mix and combine very well.
- After that drizzle the garam masala powder and salt and turn off the gas.
- Then, whisk the chopped coriander leaves over the mixture and stir again, now it’s all ready to use as a stuffing.
- Now, take the bread slices, take out the edges by a sharp knife and softly squeeze them with some filtered water to make the base more bendable.
- Take some of that potato stuffing in every single piece, roll the bread by joining the edges and give them a ball or oval shape.
- Then, heat the oil we take earlier for frying in a kadhai and add your bread balls into the hot oil.
- Fry them properly by flipping in between until golden brown and take out from the oil. Finally, dish up them in a platter and serve with some spicy Indian sauce.